Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hi Friends

I am going to share some tips on buying a perfect running shoe for beginners and also how to get it cheap.

Step 1 - Identify the problem - pain in my leg

Recently started jogging and as any other beginner, i started to have some pain my lower legs.
So, I looked on the internet for possible reasons.

The best help I received was from - RunnersWorld. The doctor explained the three main possible reasons  SHIN SPLINTS, STRESS FRACTURE and COMPARTMENT SYNDROME. 

There is also a very nice video for visual explanation and also how to do some basic muscle exercises

I also found that unlike most of the runners I have under pronation as explained in this post. The video show feet and leg movement during a gait cycle in slow motion.  

You can easily find if you are over or under pronator looking at your old pair of shoes.



If your shoes wear off from the outside - you are under-pronator, if your shoes wear off from the inside you are over pronator.

For over pronators, you need a special type of shoes which can help you correct motion control and prevent foot injury.


Step 2 - Find the suitable type of shoes

This post explains choosing the right shoe.

Based on the insights, i chose a neutral shoe. 

Next question is if I need a trail shoe or a road shoe.



I do run in beautiful city of Hamburg, where there are specific running track

They look like -
and 

So although it's not the road it's quite flat. Most of the trail is quite flat. Since most of the trail shoes are heavier and since I do not run a lot I settled for road shoe with normal support.

Step 3 - How to get good shoes for a great discount

Once I have finalised a couple of shoes across brands. There is very little difference in similar models of between Brooks, Saucony, Asics, Adidas or Sketchers.

Some people go for style over comfort and that is fine. My personal choice is the comfort and shoe fit.

I found that Brooks and Saucony are more durable than Puma, Nike, Adidas and Sketchers and they are also recommended by doctors.

Visit follwing websites

1. RunRepeat - i love this as they also have a section for offers/deals which provides a good summary. They also provide score for each shoe based on feedback from users and expert users.
2. LadenZeile - you can set alerts to your chosen shoe types and get notified when you get your chosen shoe


This helped me get shoes at more than 65% discount eg below

1. Merrell - http://amzn.to/2uEdUQn
2. Brooks - http://amzn.to/2vxO3FU


So this was my journey to find an awesome running shoe based on my running requirement and to ease my leg pain as a beginner.

Update

I was able to buy an awesome Brooke's shoe MRSP of 140 Euros in just 45 Euros because i followed this strategy

Proof
















No comments: